Wednesday, April 29, 2009
I had a BAD e-sperience....
On April 1st (no foolin) my small burn turned BIG and HOT fast. Some of you know all about it. I can finally show the pictures. Much of this area is already turning green with growth but it was a very intense day for me to say the least. Thankfully Bo and Joe were close by and were able to come to my rescue and keep it from getting any larger.
The large boulder under this pile split and blew open in the heat. The sound of exploding rocks was rather frightening. The supply trailer is just to the right of this shot - too close to such an intense fire. Thankfully nothing was damaged...well not including my mental state! ha ha
The explosions I kept hearing as the heat intensified were the rocks blowing apart and breaking. Very intimidating.
Under control yet still hot.
My original burn started behind where I am actually standing to take this picture. It went under the pile of trees and into the leafy ground cover which then began to spread out fast. Phew, won't ever do that again! We were glad to get rid of some of the leaves which cover nearly the entire 3 acres of land surrounding the house. We'd love to have them all gone but not any time soon now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That sounds so scary. I would panic. Luckily you had joe there to help. It is sure looking good though. It is so much work. I feel for you.
Marlene, I'm happy everything turned out OK:-)Love Ya!!
Hey Marlene, I was excited to see that Jenna had the baby and everything was Ok. He is so dang cute within 31/2 weeks we have 3 new babies and the best part is we have been blessed with the wonderful outcome of everyone of them being healthy including the mommies. Love Ya!!
Post a Comment