Thursday, March 19, 2009

Spring is ALMOST here...

So, all those frogs we keep hearing and I keep telling you about - well I found one up close and personal yesterday! As I was cleaning up the lot I stumbled upon this little fella, look how close he let me get!! We sure have enjoyed listening to them all day.
While whacking down thorny briers and the biggest tangle of tough vines I found this little nest. It was a safe spot for sure, it took me hours to get to this area not far from the road.
Another little discovery is a cocoon for a flying insect of some kind, moth maybe??? I actually cut into one and was not able to determine what was inside.

Last but certainly not least are the bright bursts of color with these tiny flowers popping up here and there, love them!





No comments: