Sunday, March 29, 2009
All in a days work....
Actually I meant to have this picture second so you could see the progress of our huge Bon Fire! We let it burn for about 9 - 10 hrs and were able to get one of our large tree piles down significantly, which I am glad about. Not fond of wondering what is 'in' and under such a pile! Too many critters who are lookin for a good place to call 'home.'
As we begin the bonfire we had to work hard to get it hot enough for it to feed itself after a day of rain. But as you can tell....it got going good.
This tree was completely hollow so we lit the inside and let the whole thing burn from the inside out. The heat was truly intense, it was awesome.
Can you say HIGH???? Scary job putting in the windows in the loft section! Let's just say at least one of the guys was hangin on for dear life...and I think you can tell it wasn't Joe ha ha!!
Occupational hazard!! Never - and I mean NEVER - try to use a scrap floor truss for a RAMP! Especially when the 'stride' is about 2ft apart and you are a 1ft stride size person!!! So not only was it hard to hit the part I needed to step on but when it tipped..... YEAH I ATE it and I'm still paying the price for that one!! I can say I am glad I didn't slip through and break a leg or something - PHEW! I need to be more careful to say the least.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Wow! It looks like things are coming along great. Those guys must be brave to be up that high. The fire in that tree was pretty neat. Hope your all doing well. When the expected finish date for the house? Keep up the good work, but be safe.
My goodness! Look at that! Just seeing the actual plank that just about took your foot makes my stomach flip! Yes, please BE CAREFUL! :) The house is looking fabulous, by the way! Love to see the progress! Love you and miss you like crazy!!!!
Um nice fire I heard it got much bigger than that. I would have sooooo freaked out. I am glad everyone is ok and that the house it to....
Post a Comment