Tuesday, September 9, 2008

It's happening, the walls get started!

This is their first day of piecing the puzzle together - it's awesome! They had hoped to get two rows done and they aren't too far from their goal. The garage wasn't yet started to the right of the first picture but they were measuring and chalking it again. I can't even tell you how exciting it is to see something big happening again. And look, not much mud...wahoo. I took this picture from the 'back yard' looking toward the back of the house. To the left is the new addition on the garage and Uncle Bo is standing in what used to be about where Caleb and Jake's rooms were.

You know when this many trucks show up, something is going to get done...horray! This is the view inside the walls where the concrete gets poured. Rebar is laid horizontally on the black spacers (not sure what they are called really, I'll check though) There are still several layers to go before they pour cement but it's a grand start!



2 comments:

Cindy said...

Yahoo!!! Tell the rain to stay away until you are finished :-) Love Ya!!

Jenna said...

Wa hoo! I'm so glad you were able to get those started! I'll keep praying the rain here 1. So I don't have to water my lawn, 2. So you guys can build a house! :) love you guys!