Sunday, June 21, 2009

Look closely at Natures wonders....

On a HOT summer day sitting on some rocks as I tended a fire nearby and while Joe and Bo were doing some measuring these dragonflies were buzzing in and out around me, landing closer than I thought they might dare. Our camera was in the car and I wasn't sure they would come back if I left to get it but I took my chances and... waited. They came back. Enlarge for tremendous detail. Later I saw another dragonfly that looked like this one only the body was all white. Time to do some research and see if that was an indicator of gender.
Cannot believe I captured this shot of this little guy balancing on a tiny twig not too far in front of me. The detail is incredible.



1 comment:

Cory and Krista said...

I cannot believe how cool those pictures are, especially the last one. Once again I think you have missed your calling as a photographer..its never too late though!