Saturday, May 17, 2008

Excavation and Clearing begin

Working with a transit to determine just how deep the dig on the slope will have to be. The front of the house is 9' down and it will be a walk-out basement in the back with plenty of light I'm told. Just hoping the ridgeline of rock isn't a problem to get through. Such an amazing difference once the back hoe comes in to start the clearing. Doesn't take long for the trees to start to pile up. It was hard to see that many trees come down in one days work, we certainly have plenty more on the lot yet more will come down to allow some of the larger trees adequate sun and moisture for further growth.

These are the Nudura foam walls that came in on a full semi load just piled up and waiting to be put up. More is coming! The guys had to unload each bundle from the semi parked out on the street and carry it back away from the entry, so much work.


1 comment:

Brandon and Tenille said...

Looks like fun it looks like you will be living in a forest that how are yard kind of feels not as much as yours will but I have learned with a yard with alot of plants comes alot of wildlife so enjoy... I like the new pics thanks for the new post looks like you guys have alot of work o your hands. I am sure it will be beautiful when its all done...