Friday, January 16, 2009

Main Floor progress

Here in the back yard some excavation had begun at the time I took this picture. Each and every bit of work brings wonderful progress. Getting rid of the huge piles of dirt and rock just outside in the backyard is exciting. The doorway you see on the lower level is garage storage which opens to the backyard. More of the large pile of dirt is disappearing being moved to the front yard for backfill up against the house. The house looks much larger when the basement is a walkout, wow!
Garage is now level and free of mud...that means no more pumping - yahoo! I should put a before and after picture to show the drastic difference where the wall of dirt once dropped off that we climbed (slid some days!) down into the work area as water was pumped or the waterproofing was attached, braces were put in place...many, many jobs down in that hole. It's thrilling. The wood floor you can see to the right in the garage is the new addition for extra storage (a.k.a. sewing room :) with the lower level open to the backyard for those of you yet to see it in person and understand what's what.




Soon we will no longer have to access the house using planks perched precariously (felt that way to me since I rarely have to use a plank!) over the dropoff down to the lower level of the house. The men make it look like a cake walk - but it isn't!





5 comments:

Brandon and Tenille said...

How fun it is really starting to look like a house now. I bet you guys are getting more and more excitted the further it comes along. I think we will all have to come down when its finished good plan......

Jenna Sommers said...

Wow! It's looking awesome! Cory will be THRILLED to see these! He loves seeing the progress and wishes so bad we were closer to be able to help! :) Love you guys!

Cory and Krista said...

Wow! It looks GREAT! Its so fun to see it coming together. I love the walkout, it does make it look bigger. Lots going on! Thats fabulous news!

Seth and Shayla said...

looks like things are coming along. I will send you that picture you wanted sorry it has taken so long thanks for the comment boost my self esteem when I get told I look cute. :)

Brandy said...

Looking good!! I was telling Susan that me and Bryce should move out there and be your neighbors :) I would love to live away from it all.