Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Finally....the basement walls are being poured

Once again the trucks are lined up out front meaning something is happening at the lot - at 6am the cement trucks began arriving. By 9am 5 trucks had already been on site and emptied their loads. So far so good. The pour has gone almost without a hitch. Joe and Bo have worked countless hours preparing for this day. There have been so many little odd jobs that have to be in place and secure so the cement stays were it is intended to be. They have done an amazing job!
This is the 'storm room' that is solid cement under the front porch. Notice how quickly the trees changed colors from our last post...amazing.

Watching to make sure the cement is in place and filling adequately. I believe they are to be 12' tall upon completion today. If I'm wrong I'll post the correction later. The first pour is the largest pour.










2 comments:

Jenna Sommers said...

Yay! Such a big day! I'm so glad they were ready for it!

Ells said...

Yay, the walls and everything look great! Progress is really showing now. Just wish it was down the street though, I think a few people would agree with me on that! Love you guys, yes you too dad!! Can't wait to see you. . . Less than 3 weeks, but who's counting!