Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Critter and Scenery from the lot

I had to move a rather large rock to get to some materials and look who was hiding under it all crouched down and cozy! He never moved the entire time I was hauling heavy braces that I kept banging on the rocks. Check out his eye! Cool. Tonight while Joe and I were working at the lot and with the rain we had this morning the frogs were making all kinds of noise again. By the sound of them...we have many of them out there. They also burrow into the dirt walls surrounding the house, Joe kept seeing them trying to huddle as far back into their hiding spots as they could as he worked.
As I was driving to the lot last week and turned on our street the shower of leaves that has been raining down the last several days had left a carpet of them covering the road...I had to just stop and look at them. In a matter of a week nearly all the leaves are down.
The owners are clearing some of their lots across the street from ours and others going up the ridge to look more appealing and enticing - it does the trick! It's so beautiful.





2 comments:

Brandon and Tenille said...

Looks like I need to come and visit cause I LOVE Frogs I always have and have had many pet frogs. That one you found is so pretty and his eyes are so cool. Well I am jealous of all your little friends, dont be suprised if I show up on your doorstep ready to collect..... Carson would die.....

Cindy said...

It is soo beautiful there. Another grand daughter, I'm so happy for you and Joe. Love Ya:-)