

Tonight I completed putting the top of the quilt together and I snapped a picture for you to see the progress. Tomorrow I'll put compile the layers and begin the fun part of actually quilting it, that may take a while, which is no surprise given the time frame of this project to begin with :) It's fun even though tonight I was horrified when my scissors fell off the ironing board onto the concrete floor and were damaged. I was sick. You know how I feel about my scissors. Dad will try to fix them in the morning and if that doesn't work, Jo Ann Fabric, here I come. Can't do without those wonderful scissors for projects such as these. I'm spoiled.

Some of you know how I have raved about the music of the neighboring frogs we have been enjoying for some time now. On our Sunday walk -without our camera mind you- I spotted a very large bull frog just outside the subdivision in the ditch sunning himself. At my investigation he promptly jumped into the water and swam into the drainage pipe out of sight. Well, every time I leave the house -with our camera- I stop for a chance to get his picture. He's on to me and I can't even get remotely close anymore before he leaps....until yesterday during a soft rain when we pulled up beside the ditch in the car, window down, camera ready. He was is a new spot in the grass and pretty camouflaged -see if you can see him to the left of the red and white paper. He's huge. There are numerous fat tadpoles in the water there too, oh the memories from our childhood. Mother never complained as we filled the little wading pool with our catch of tadpoles to watch grow. I'm sure that was not her intention for the kiddie pool but she knew children and what was memorable, bless her heart.
3 comments:
It looks BEAUTIFUL! How fun to see it all together. I love it, love it, love it.
It's so good to hear from you! Even if it's just to tell me to go home. :) Your quilt is beautiful. You might have to teach me a few things one day. I sure hope your both doing well. I love seeing your pictures. Love you both!
WOW! That quilt is GORGEOUS! I love it! And that frog IS huge! Can't believe it! And I can't wait to see it in person... one day! :) I love you guys!
Post a Comment