Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Pretty scenery

These two pictures were taken on our return drive home in beautiful Colorado. This is up near Vail. This photo was taken as we were driving into Jenna and Cory's neighborhood, the sky was aflame with brilliant color! Just couldn't miss the chance to record it... I love this picture. Simply adds to the appeal of their new hometown among the many wonderful attributes we have been able to encounter.
OK, so the scenery wasn't exactly what I was after in this photo but this little critter came eye to eye with Ellie during our Millcreek gathering. You'll have to ask her about it, it was funny. Don't think we're supposed to make that much noise while visiting in the tranquil canyon atmosphere. ha ha
This is the view from the parking lot looking down on the lake where we've been swimming lately near where we live. It's gorgeous. Then I turned around a took a picture of the other side of the parking lot where the pavilion is. Plenty of shade all around the swimming, picnic and play area. You have to come see for yourself!
These are of Millcreek Canyon that I took during our family outing recently. We LOVE Millcreek, isn't just beautiful?





3 comments:

Cory and Krista said...

Pretty pictures. Ellie was here doing laundry last night when she got your text about posting pictures of "him". We couldn't figure out what you meant. HAHA now I get it. Her little buddy from the canyon!

Jenna Sommers said...

Wow Mom! Those are beautiful pics! And who is that stunning man in the background of your bug pic??? :) I can't wait to come see your new "hot-spot" for myself one of these days!

Ells said...

Ha ha! It was really big and on me! Look at those antannea! Creepy! I must smell really sweet cuz the bugs always find me! Love the OTHER pics (now I might have nightmares again!) Ya we were confused last night, makes sense now! Fun updates! Love you, yes dad you too!!