Friday, June 27, 2008

Hooray, we have footings

We certainly had more than a few rainy days which delayed the work process (among other things) and I'm truly sorry I didn't get a picture of dad and I after our efforts to clear the floor of so many gallons of mud with a 'Tim the Toolman' pump, if you catch my drift. I was completely drenched from handling the large, powerful hose that had numerous slits allowing a generous spray of mud to rain down on my head - quite a sight to see in the end. Thankfully the mud was cleared, the forming began and finally the pump truck came and filled the forms while the 'crew' worked diligently to complete the project. It was quite the job and of course there were the occasional mishaps such as a wall blew out - thankfully not much cement escaped. The guys were still laughing even in the heat and hard work. Yay, the first project done...wahoo.




1 comment:

Brandon and Tenille said...

I would have loved to see the picture of the mud spraying all over I am sure it would have been hularious. Good thing that is over with few it sounded like quit the job. Krista said you guys are coming down I am sure everyone will be soooo excitted. Did my dad tell you he is having neck fushion surgery on monday if not he is...